Union Bank of India (also known as Union Bank or UBI) is one of the country’s leading public sector banks, serving over 120 million customers. The bank offers a range of top-notch banking services, including an easy and convenient method to check account balance online. Union Bank customers can check their bank balance using mobile number, SMS service, web portal and app, among others. Below is a step by step guide on how to check Union Bank of India account balance without visiting the bank.
How to Check Union Bank of India Account Balance
Traditionally, you have to go to your bank’s branch and have your passbook updated to find out your account balance. You can also go to the nearest Union Bank of India ATM for the same. However, UBI offers you many other ways to make balance inquiries without having to leave the comfort of your home or office. Here’s how:
Through the mobile app
- If you are using an Android mobile phone or an iPhone, one of the easiest ways to check your Union Bank of India account balance is through its mobile application, U-Mobile.
- The application can be downloaded from Google Play Store and App store for Android and iPhone users respectively
- Install the U-Mobile app on the device with a registered phone number
- After that, register by selecting the option “For existing customers of Union Bank of India” and then following the further instructions.
- You will need your debit card or online banking credentials or a bank generated token to complete the process.
- After registration is complete, log into the app using the 4-digit login PIN you set earlier and tap on Accounts to view the available balance in your Union Bank of India account.
Through internet banking
Union Bank of India also lets you access a range of financial services including balance inquiry through its online banking portal if you have registered for the same.
- To check your UBI account balance online, log in to www.unionbankonline.co.in using your credentials.
- In the dashboard that opens, select the Account Summary option to view your balance.
Per missed call
If you want to know your Union Bank of India balance, just make a missed call on 09223008586 from your registered mobile number. As soon as the call disconnects, you will receive your bank details on your phone via SMS.
By text message
The bank also offers you the possibility of consulting the balance of your account by SMS. just type “UBAL” and send it to 09223008486 from your registered mobile number to receive your main account balance via SMS. If you have more than one account at Union Bank of India, send “UBAL
You can also use the USSD service to check your Union Bank of India account balance. Just dial *99# from your registered mobile number, then follow the instructions.
To note: The Missed Call, SMS, and USSD methods mentioned above are a convenient way to request your balance if you don’t have a smartphone or aren’t signed up for internet or mobile banking.
Do I have to pay to avail Union Bank of India SMS banking and missed call services to check account balance?
Union Bank of India Missed Call service is free. For SMS banking, regular SMS charges apply. Click on here find out more.
Can I call Union Bank of India toll free number to find out my account balance?
No, customer service will not be able to assist you with an account balance inquiry. You will have to specifically call 09223008586 or use any of the other methods mentioned above to check your Union Bank of India account balance.
Can I get a mini statement for my Union Bank of India account through Missed Call Service?
No, the missed call service is only available to find out your account balance. To get your mini-statement, text ‘UMNS’ to 09223008486 from your registered mobile number.
How can I register for Union Bank of India Missed Call Service
To avail the missed call service offered by Union Bank of India, you need to register your mobile number with the bank. The same can be done at the time of opening the account or you can visit the bank branch later to complete and submit the relevant form.