Union Bank of India has started offering its banking services on WhatsApp. Powered by Infosys Finacle, the new service called Union Virtual Connect (UVConn) will offer the bank’s retail customers personalized, instant and secure everyday banking services.
“We have always strived to build lasting relationships with our customers by providing simple, fast and contextual banking solutions and experiences with enhanced convenience. In line with this vision, we have introduced this service on WhatsApp, one of most popular instant messaging services. We expect this easy and convenient form of banking to bring immense convenience to our customers and hope to see its rapid adoption in the coming months,” said Shri Rajkiran Rai G, Director General and CEO, Union Bank of India.
With Infosys Finacle:
- The bank can onboard new customers remotely and instantly, via secure messaging on WhatsApp.
- Union Bank customers will be able to securely login with the bank’s official number through the end-to-end encrypted WhatsApp messaging interface.
- Finacle Conversational Banking and Remote Banker will offer features such as text, voice or video messaging, as well as sharing of images, documents and other content.
- Finacle Remote Banker will allow Union Bank to extend conversational banking experiences to other popular instant messaging platforms.
- Customers can perform a host of their banking requirements on their mobile devices. These include requests such as mini-statements, verification status, checkbook request, locker rental request, and ancillary services such as home banking, UMobile app, account opening (retail loan, savings and NPS), linking of Aadhaar number, etc.
Commenting on the development, Sajit Vijayakumar, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Infosys Finacle, said, “Union Bank of India is adapting to the ever-changing needs of its customers and providing them with banking experiences of the new time. of the most popular messengers, revolutionizing the way people interact, and India has one of the largest WhatsApp user bases in the world.”
Union Bank’s new banking service will initially be available in seven languages.